Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An Awesome Long Run

Since I had a three day weekend, I decided to push my long run back to Monday.  I'm glad that I did because I had the best long run of the year so far.  The entire run was controlled, and my pace was in check (well for the most part as I only averaged 3 seconds per mile faster than I wanted).  My Mom was nice enough to bundle up and ride next to me for my run.  It's awesome to have someone to talk to during these long runs, as it was a lot nicer than having music.  Thanks MOM!!!  I think part of the succes was the fact that it was sunny, and I was able to wear shorts.  It's not too often that you can do that in February in Chicago.

Because of my long run yesterday I wasn't sure how my legs would respond this morning at Computrainer, but surprisingly they were golden.  The Zoot Compression gear is definitely working!!  Can't wait to get out to California in a month to get some outdoor riding in, as well as to see all of the new Zoot gear.  Oh yea, and hopefully my new bike comes in before I leave so that I can get it built up and ready to roll.  I suppose I should try to figure out my race schedule too...

No comments: