Thursday, February 2, 2012

Running Dataless...Well Kinda...Alright Not Really

I was planning on running on the treadmill last night, but made a game time decision to hit the roads.  It's super rare to be able to run in shorts on February 1st so I figured I should take advantage of it.  I ran into a problem before I left, I took my Garmin 310XT out of my bag and tried to turn it on...it was dead.  Alright I just decided to head out and run without it, and I would try to keep things easy and just go for what I thought would be 40 minutes.  Well I did have my watch...but I wasn't going to look at it.  I looked at the clock on my stove when I left and I would try to see how close to 40 minutes I was...that lasted about 5 minutes and change before I had to look down at my watch...another minute later I decided to start the stop watch, and the watch watching began.  Epic fail on just running for what I thought was 40 minutes!  Another epic fail came about 2 miles into my run (yea I ran a route that I know, and yes I've run it so many times I know where the "mile" markers are, and yes I'm guilty of planning this out in my head as I started...so who was I fooling thinking I would actually run without data?) anyway, a little over 2 miles (probably like 2.17) into my run my iPod shuffle decided to run out of batteries.  Great I was only a little ways into my run and now I'd have to listen to my labored breathing and feet smacking the ground.  And to top it off it started to get a little chilly too because the sun went down.  Yep, no Garmin, no music, cold hands, darkness...why do we do this again?  It felt awesome when I was done...I'm not going to say I ran easy, or that it felt good throughout because it sure didn't. But the bottom line is that it's done!

I did get a package from GU and SRAM, I'll snap some pictures and post them later. 

No comments: