Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Giving Up...

Since today is Ash Wednesday and Lent begins I figured that I should give something up.  Last year I gave up sweets for Lent and it was a challenge to start, but it was doable.  So this year I decided that I'm going to give up sweets again, not too difficult right?  I guess this means my long ride pit stops won't include a candy bar...probably just some Watermelon GU Chomps instead now.  In addition to giving up sweets I'm going to try to limit the number of meals I eat "out" to one per week.  I say try because things come up, so if I have the choice to make food at home, or to eat out I'm going to choose to eat at home.  It's going to take some preparation, but I know I'll feel better in the long run.

Last night I slept in my Zoot compression tights...those are magical!  My legs before bed were tired, and sore.  This morning, fresh and ready to roll.  It's amazing what some compression and rest can do.  I'm pumped to knock off some more training.  Hopefully by giving up sweets and eating at home I can drop a few pounds (no I'm not super concerned about it, and I don't have an eating disorder...maybe a bit pyscho, but that's it).

No comments: