Thursday, April 4, 2013

Some Days...

Some days you just have it! You can tell right from the start that things are rolling along well, and it's an extra bonus when it gets easier the farther you go.  We all have these days, and fortunately for me in about 2 months if I'm having one of these awesome days I can continue to roll with it.  Unfortunately, today I couldn't keep it rolling.  I'm guessing some of the work is starting to pay off, or maybe it was a fluke.  No matter what this session is definitely going to be a session that gets tallied up in the "Confidence Building" category.  Sometimes it's about putting in the work even when you feel crappy...other times it's about knocking off some solid sessions and not overcooking yourself.

I have been paying close attention to refueling after (and even during) sessions, and I know that this has been paying off.  Eating clean makes a huge difference for me (and I would have to think would make a huge difference for anyone).  I've been eating quite a bit of spinach, so maybe Popeye's secret "drug" has  been doing the trick.  I'll definitely take it!  If you're looking for a quick and easy way to refuel after a workout (especially in the morning), scramble up a couple of eggs...ok so maybe I put 4 eggs in, and throw in some spinach and some green/red/orange/yellow pepper (whatever you prefer...it's been orange for me lately), throw it together in a tortilla with some cheese and you're good to go.  Tastes delicious, takes literally 10 minutes to make (if that) and you're on your way to an awesome next workout!

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

Oh yea eating clean makes a tremendous difference for me too. Spinach is a superfood in my book. Gets the protein and carbs right for recovery and pre-run fuel. Good call.