Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Turning the Brain Off

Sometimes it's important to turn your brain off and to just let your body do it's thing. We are (at times) too smart for our own good...alright so maybe we're not all that smart, but we do know how to anticipate pain.  With that said, when I took a look at the swim set this morning I was already talking myself out of whether or not I'd be able to do it.  To make a not so long (and quite frankly probably pretty boring) story shorter, I hit every time.

Often times our brain and our knowledge of our own limitations can hold us back from progressing.  I'm glad that I was talked into just giving it a go...because now I'm pumped because that swim was "hella" good.  Sorry for the lame song reference there since according to Chad that song is so 2012. 

 

1 comment:

Serrago's Swimmers said...

Your blog is inspiratonal. Thanks for sharing your difficulties and how you get through them. It is important not to get stuck in the muck. Just keep swimming! Please visit my site if you want help on your swim! https://www.facebook.com/SerragosSwimmers