Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Closer...

Last night I dropped off my Ridley Dean to Endure It, it's now on it's way to Kona.  Thanks to Bird for putting on some final touches, and to Chad for his rear Zipp 808 I think I'll be ready to rock.  I still have some work to do and need to stay on the gas a little longer, but the taper is not far away.  Luckily I've been super busy lately, so I haven't had time to get too nervous.  And by busy I've been training a lot, which has been fun.  I am loving training right now, and I think I'm going to miss it a little when the race is over.  But as we all know a break is a good thing!  I'm looking forward to getting some mountain biking, trail running, and cruiser crawling in.

I'm not sure if I'm nervous, or excited or both.  I'm thinking it's both.  My training leading up to this race has been great, and I'm excited to see what happens off of a taper.  My volume has been huge (for me) and I've been super consistent, especially with riding long...something that was missing before CDA.  I feel strong and ready to rock, everything seems to be clicking and it's almost time to do the work out on the course.

The anticipation is definitely building and I can't wait to get out there.  My support crew is awesome, so hopefully I'll make the day as short as possible for them!

No comments: