Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1 - 36 Days Left

It's crazy that September is already here!  Only 36 days until the Ironman World Championships, and I have to admit that I'm feeling better than I usually feel this close to an Ironman race.  I know I have put in a lot of work so far, just a few more long rides, long runs and a lot of swimming. 

The nice thing is that I don't feel any pressure on where I place in this race.  I truly feel like it's a race against myself.  I know what I'm capable of, and I can do my own thing on the race course.  I don't have to respond to other peoples surges, or try to catch x number of people.  I get to go out there and do something I love to do.  It's kind of sick isn't it?  I mean who pays money to go and exercise for 9+ hours?

I can tell that it's getting closer to race day as my belt has to be tightened a little bit more, I'll try to limit myself to one bowl of ice cream...every other day.  The heat acclimatization will start here next week...not looking forward to that.  I rode the computrainer today without the fan on, wow, that was brutally hot.  I guess I need to get used to it though. 

Train Smart, Race Hard, No Regrets!!

1 comment:

scarlet reynolds said...

The main purpose of triathlon training plans is that prepares your body and improve your skill gradually from there as a beginner as well as it avoids you in getting risk of injury.