Friday, September 23, 2011

I have the final piece...

...to my "Top Secret Hawaii Hydration System" or the TSHHS, now I need to put the pieces together and run a little test.  I've found that in the heat there are certain drinks which work well for me, and others that make me resort to drinking coke half way through the bike.  I don't want to use an aerodrink system...so I have devised a plan.  When my plan takes off I'll make millions...haha wishful thinking I suppose. 

Things keep on rolling, and taper time is just about here.  This is real, and I'm ready.  I don't think I've been more ready for an Ironman so I'm excited to see how my race will unfold.  I don't really feel a lot of pressure to "place" well here as I know (unless something miraculous happens) I won't be on the podium.  I can go out there and race within myself.  I have some times kicking around in my head, all of which I truly believe I can do.  It's time to start packing up my gear to make sure I have everything as I usually pack and repack about 6 times.  This weekend will be packing number 1 I suppose.

Oh yea and the swim challenge is rocking...I'm almost to my goal.

No comments: