Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Experiment Continued...

I've been pretty fortunate to have trained relatively injury free throughout my triathlon career (if you can call a hobby a career...I just had no better way to describe it I guess).  I dealt with some plantar fasciitis for about a season and a half, and luckily it's gone now.  Because I've been pretty lucky (maybe it's not luck and it's proper training) I haven't really needed to have treatment on anything.  However, I have been told (and now sold) on the fact that some treatment can help to keep you in top form...from what I've learned I don't think I've been able to train and race in that top form.

For some reason Brittany likes to inflict pain on me...not sure why but I can tell she takes great pleasure by pressing on muscles until I'm nearly in tears.  So last night she worked on my right leg...well I asked her to and I wanted to see how it would feel with a hard bike workout in comparison to my left leg.  The difference was like night and day. My right leg felt loose and fluid and ready to rock.  My left leg didn't feel bad...but it didn't feel as good as my right.  She just finished her Graston certification and its amazing how much this helped.  Little does she know that she just opened pandora's box.  If you've got some aches and pains I would definitely recommend it, if you don't know who to go to I might have someone for you.

The running challenge rolls on...day 13 and 30 minutes...here we go!

No comments: