Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's getting cold...

I would say that winter is arriving in Chicago...this morning on my ride in my hands were cold.  I wanted to hold off on wearing the lobster mitts as long as possible, and I'm thinking if it gets much colder I'm going to have to resort to them.  I haven't had to throw on the down jacket yet to ride with so that's a bonus...and hopefully that will stay in the closet for a while.  I have no problem with cold weather...as long as there is snow!  We have yet to get any snow and it's December 8th...what's up with that?  Not to worry though there is already salt on the roads.  Why...I'm not really sure.

The running challenge is now in its 8th day...and I haven't been out for a run yet today, but I layed down a nice base last week.  The consistency will pay off.  I like where my mileage ended up...and without even having a long run thrown in there.  It's the first week in quite a while that I haven't had a "long" run...but that's alright, I definitely feel good with where my running is right now.  Today's run is 30 minutes...that's pretty simple, and I may go a little longer...then again I might not.  My legs are feeling this mornings computrainer effort a bit.

Time to bundle up and embrace the cold while riding.  I think some more mountain biking might be in order!

No comments: