Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting over the hump...

The running challenge is now on day 7.  I am ahead of where I have been in the past, and I'm not putting in a terribly high amount of effort.  Actually I'm just kind of keeping things low key as when volume increases I think you have to be really careful with the intensity of workouts.  Seeing as some bike and swim workouts have been more intense I'm glad that I'm keeping things in check running.  After 6 days complete (I'll run later today) I'm really enjoying running right now.  I ran right before swimming last night and the temperature was awesome...a little chilly to start but after about 5-10 minutes I was good to go.  My Zoot Ultra Race 3.0's were clicking off miles super easily and I sort of got into the zone, I wanted to keep running and was kind of bummed that I was out of time.  Part of it could have been running in Naperville too...its always nice to have a change of venue to run.  At this point I think I'm over the hump of initial fatique and I'm good to go.  I anticipate another short bit where it will be tough to get out the door to run, it's usually days 16-20...but knowing that going in helps my mind prepare for it.


The Zoot Race 3.0's...I raced 2 Ironmans this season in these and they are awesome!

I need to pick up the bike training a bit...in terms of volume that is.  I have some intense sessions throught the computrainer classes, but I need to start laying down more base miles.  I'm not going to lie though, it's tough to get up and ride on the trainer when you've been up swimming late.  I just need to suck it up and get it done though.

If you're looking for some holiday gifts for triathletes/runners/BAMF's...whoever check out the stuff over at Zoot.  They have free ground shipping on orders of $50 or more through 12/10/2011.  Trust me their stuff is amazing!  I wouldn't wear anything else...I have well over 1300 miles running sockless in Zoot shoes this year and would do it no other way!

No comments: