Friday, February 5, 2010

Heart Rate is a Funky Thing...

So I have decided that I'm going to try to do a better job of collecting data from my workouts. Swimming all I have been able to compile is the total yardage...the workouts are usually so detailed that I need to check the sheet after every set, so yardage and important times are going to have to suffice. Biking I have been downloading my powertap data, which is solid, but when I'm home on my trainer I don't always want to know the power...some days you just need to go by feel, and if I was staring at my powertap data I wouldn't be going by feel. I need to throw on my HR monitor for my bike sessions though to keep track of that.

I have been keeping track of my HR on my runs this month and it's kind of funky! Here's the data:

February 1 - 5.16 miles - Average HR = 157 - Average Pace = 6:44
February 2 - 6 miles - Average HR = 159 - Average Pace = 6:37
February 4 - 7.25 miles - Average HR = 159 - Average Pace = 6:31

So how is it that going longer, and faster really doesn't have much of an impact on my HR? Yes I'm fairly fit, and I know there are many variables to affect HR, but I'm still confused a bit. Last year at this same time my pace was about a minute slower at these similar heart rates, so at least that is promising.

On tap for today is some strength work, an easy bike session and an easy 5 mile run with the dogs...definitely looking forward to it!

No comments: