Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Good to Know I'm Not Crazy...

Yesterday morning I was waking up early for computrainer class and woke up 1 minute before my alarm to things in the house shaking...mainly the dogs crate. I thought that maybe I had rolled over and kicked it or something, so I jumped out of bed. The crate was still shaking and making noise. I thought I must just be out of it and started to get ready for class. I went about my usual routine of eating oatmeal and watching sportscenter. It wasn't until I was almost to class that I heard on the radio that we had an earthquake...huh? Really? It was nice to know that I wasn't going crazy and wierd to have now experienced an earthquake.

Class was nothing special for me. My legs just weren't there and everything was a battle. I hit the numbers that I was supposed to hit, but it did not feel good. It was just one of those days I suppose, actually my run last night was the same way. I wanted to run "easy" and ended up running 5 miles at a 6:38 pace. I wouldn't call it "easy" from the effort I had to put forth, but the bottom line is that I wanted the run to be done! I pushed the second half just so I could get home. I thought about walking home, but I know I would have gotten cold and I had dinner in the oven.

I'm proud of dinner though...Bison Meatloaf, which had flaxseed, wheat germ, one egg and a half of an onion. It was really good, and super easy! You see if I had walked home I would have burnt my meatloaf...hahaha I'm finding humor in that sentence. I skipped the weights yesterday and did them today. I felt pretty good lifting today, still have to run and swim tonight. I'll probably do my longer run (~7 miles) tomorrow and do a quick 5 today. I'm going to take a different route today as I'm tired of my old out and back. The people on that route are getting to know me though as I'm getting a lot more waves and cheers as I run through the neighborhood...well they are probably cheering for the dogs and not me but I can take it how I want right? 3 day weekend coming up...I can't wait!

No comments: