Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zensah Compression Shorts - Review & Endure It Computrainer

First of all, Ze'ev and the awesome crew at Zensah sent me out a pair of their compression shorts. I have been wearing their compression socks and leg sleeves for the past year. Thanks to Zensah I have trained and raced at a new level. I was excited to try out these new compression shorts and they did not disappoint! When I arrived home on Tuesday there was a box waiting for me, which I was stoked about. They couldn't have come at a more opportune time either, seeing as I had computrainer at Endure It on Wed. morning (more on that later). My class went well, and I had a tempo run on tap for the afternoon, so I knew I needed something to help keep the blood flowing to help aid in recovery. I put the Zensah compression shorts on and the fit was perfect! I felt a nice compression throughout my quads and hamstrings, yet I wasn't restricted in other regions...I'll just leave it at that. The nice thing was that I continued to feel the compression throughout the day, and my legs did indeed feel fresher than usual for my tempo run last night. The material used was extremely comfortable, and the functionality unparalleled. I'm am certain that without the aid of these my run would not have been as successful as it was. I ended up running a 6:33 pace for 6 miles, not too shabby after a tough computrainer in the morning.

Yesterday morning Ron had given me the opportunity to lead my first computrainer class at Endure It. 13 of the 14 spots were filled, and we definitely had a motivated group (as we always do). I mean you have to be motivated to be set up and ready to start a bike workout at 5:30 a.m. on a work day (unless you are Chad who only works when he feels like it). Ron even had me write the workout, and since I despise the typical "Step Up" warm up I came up with my own, which gradually built up power. Enough about the warm up...the main set was as follows:

6 x 5 minutes
- 2 minutes @ 90%
- 1 minute @ 110%
- 2 minutes @ AT
2 minute rest interval
I feel as if it was a solid set, and my numbers were good throughout. It was nice to share some things with people and to help them push themselves. I got a couple of nice comment and emails from people about class, which is reinforcing. Teaching every day I know what it's like to help people, it's just nice when you actually hear about the impact that you're having.
Training continues to go well. Jeff and Jenni Keil are in town for a few days hanging out with the crew at Endure It. Jeff and I went out for a run this morning around the neighborhood, a nice 7 miler with the dogs. We had a nice little pace going, and it's just nice to be able to train with people, as I usually run by myself. Thanks Jeff!
Masters swimming tonight, hopefully we'll hammer out another 4000 yards. I'm over 90 running miles this month already...by Saturday afternoon I should be at 100+ awesome!

No comments: