Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February...Time to Focus

February is a short month, and in all reality there is the potential to get outside to ride in March...so that means it's time to step it up a notch. January was a solid month overall, mostly from the swim front in which I swam over 54,000 yards, the most I have ever done in a month. But I was not as solid on my bike or run. I did get some good time in on both and feel as if I have made progress, but it's time to get a little more focused. I started out the month yesterday with an easy 5 mile run with my dogs, my first strength session of the week, and a 4250 swim last night at masters where the main set was 4 x 500. The funny thing is that a 2,000 yard set may have been my whole workout a year ago...and now it was the main set. Since we're talking about "funny" things last night we had 5 x 100 IM work...hahahaha me doing the butterfly = pure comedy. I did do it, it wasn't pretty but I did it none the less.

Chad had put together a training schedule for February, so we're following that, and it gives us a great balance for everything, which is really nice. I'm loving the fact that I'm back in the weight room, I now remember why I used to do this daily! Today I have a 6 mile tempo run on tap followed by an hour on the trainer. The trainer ride will be really easy seeing as we are threshold testing tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow morning. I do have an idea of where I would like to be, but I'm not sure whether I will be or not...only time will tell. I'm going to need to put together a mix of songs that I can play on my i-pod to help take me through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick,

I am contacting you on behalf of Hydroworx.com.

I have a question for you about this blog.

Do you mind contacting me at techgurl29@gmail.com?

Thanks!
Kate Brown