Monday, February 8, 2010

Monster Swim Update

Well Saturday was the "Monster Swim" where people either did 50, 75, or 100 yards, 100 times, in 100 seconds. I decided to do the 75 x 100, which would be by far the longest I have ever swam at one time. There were about 70 people who participated, so that makes for a crowded pool. For the first 50 I was in a lane with Chad, and 5 others...3 of us on one side and 4 on the other. We took turns leading every 10, which worked out pretty well. Everything was going well until about #80 when I started coughing...and couldn't stop. Have you ever tried to swim while coughing? It's interesting to say the least. I was glad to be done, and really the wheels didn't fall off until the last 25 yards.

None of this is too bad condsidering Chad and I rode on the computrainer for almost 2 hours prior to the swim. I had a solid bike session, and things are progressing nicely on that front.

Saturday night my Dad and I went up to Madison to watch the Wisconsin vs Michigan hockey game which was played outside at Camp Randall. It was a good game, we only lasted 2 periods because my feet were absolutely frozen, but fun none the less. There were a ton of people there...pretty much the stadium was full minus the first 20 rows where they wouldn't let people sit...you couldn't see the ice from there anyway!

I had a solid 10 mile run yesterday with the dogs, they were tired when it was over. I tried to hold back the pace, and ran easy with a pace which ended up at 6:50...not too shabby! My HR was down too...154. I finished up with an easy 60 minutes on the trainer. It's a new week, time to keep things rolling!

No comments: