Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Lululemon "Fun" Run & A Flat Tire

Being an ambassador for Lululemon has been great. There are so many nice people who live a life of fitness and are genuinely happy and interested to talk to you and hear about your goals. This morning I headed down with Guy to the Lululemon store on Halstead in Chicago for a "fun" run that they were hosting. First of all the store there is ridiculously nice, it's a good thing that I left my wallet in the car because I could have been in some serious trouble! The plan was to head out for a group run to one of the other Lululemon stores which was on Rush Street. I'm not familiar with the city at all so I was just kind of sitting in for the start. Before long Guy and I decided to push up to the front of the pack of 60ish runners. We let our legs go a little and it felt great. There was food and drinks at the store on Rush Street, which had some super cool clothes as well...again it's a good thing I didn't have my wallet. After talking with some people for a short while Guy and I ran back to the store on Halstead (where the car was parked) and called it a day.

Prior to heading downtown I rode on the computrainer at Endure It. It was a solid session of 4 x 10 minutes at threshold or above. This was tough for multiple reasons...40 minutes at threshold is never easy, it's boring, and my training load has been pretty high lately so I'm not feeling as fresh as I am used to. Something interesting happened today though...I got a flat tire. Yep as I was cooling down my computrainer was skipping a bit, at first I thought that I was just pedaling too slow to cool down...then it kept happening. So I felt the rear wheel, yep flat. I'm just going to chalk it up to the massive power that I was putting out during the set...haha yea right.

It was a solid day of training with an hour and forty five minutes on the bike and a 6 mile run. Tomorrow has a long run, a trainer ride and some time in the pool, should be fun.

No comments: