Monday, January 24, 2011

20 Weeks and counting

Ironman Coeur d' Alene is only 20 weeks away.  I think I'm in a good place mentally right now, and I've been getting some solid base work in.  I have been looking back at old blog posts about run times I had put up in training, and I am content with where I am right now.  My official "bike" program starts today (it's 20 weeks long).  My official "run" program starts on February 28th (it's 16 weeks long...and don't do the math on this because I just hope it's right).  I don't have an official "swim" program...that's just an ongoing project.

I have a lofty goal for June 26th, and I think if I'm smart in my training I can attain that goal.  I don't want to put the numbers out here yet but I want my swim to be a little faster, bike about the same (tougher course than Arizona) and run a lot faster.  My run training really slacked off towards the end of the Arizona build, and it showed on the course.  So I need to be consistent with that until the end.  Yesterday was a good start, and tonight I'm going to build on that.  I'll put the goal run time (well a range) out there that way everyone can help hold me accountable.  The range is between 3:10 - 3:20.  Attainable...I know it is.  The key is putting in the work, and a lot of that work is going to have to come when you don't feel like doing it (like when you're tired after a long ride, or fatigued from training, or unmotivated...that's when it counts!!).

No comments: