Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Volume is Returning

Now that we are towards the end of January, I have slowly been increasing my volume.  I do feel a lot better now too that the volume is going up, I'm guessing that's more mental than anything else, but it feels good none the less.  I found a great website (http://www.endurancecorner.com/) which has some really good short articles on training.  One that struck me was the one titled "Mistakes I've Made Planning My Season".  This article helped to put some things into perspective for me.  Like a lot of triathletes we always think more is better right?  Year after year there are new things to learn, and new goals to make, this article was short but effective...at least I think so, and if you don't I'm over it.

Last night I hit the treadmill up for 40 minutes and even through some faster stuff in there for 10 minutes, wow did that hurt, but feel good at the same time!  Don't you love the feeling you get after a tough workout?  I mean is there anything like it?  I even followed it up with a solid effort this morning on the computrainer at Endure It.  The efforts are starting to ramp up a bit which is nice...

15' Warm Up

5 x 8'
- 2' @ 90%
- 3' @ AT
- 1' @ 110%
- 2' RI

Cool Down

Today I felt as if I could have ridden at 90% or above all day, even my rest intervals were 75% - 80%.  Not sure why but Thursday's seem to be solid days for me to ride.  What an awesome way to start the day!  Masters swimming tonight, we'll see how that goes, Thursday nights are usually "sprint" nights and for me my sprint is about the same as my "easy" and "moderate" so I'm sure it will be tough.

No comments: