Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Consistency...

...is going to be the key word for this year.  Consistency for swimming, consistency for biking (which let's be serious is the easiest thing for me to do), consistency for running, consistency for core, consistency for strength training, consistency for eating well.  I think you can see the common theme here!

To keep that theme rolling I have to get in the water today.  I had to miss swimming last night to fill in and teach a CT class which was fine with me.  It was nice to talk to some different athletes, not that there is anything wrong with the regulars that I see.

We got about 4 inches of snow yesterday, and it all came down during the day, which made for a fun ride home!  I was sliding all over the place just trying to keep the rubber side down, I'm sure people were looking at me thinking I'm a complete idiot for riding my bike in that weather...oh well.  I did get my training log set up on my computer so I'm able to track everything that I do, and I included a separate "Bike Commuting" category, I'm excited to see how many miles I end up with at the end of the year.  I'm already up to 57 miles, and that's just riding between home, Endure It, and school.  I figure that I have already saved almost a quarter tank of gas.  If I can save a tank of gas each month that would be great!!

Yesterday's computrainer workout was as follows:

15 minute warm up
30 minutes @ 85% (30 seconds @ AT every 5 minutes)
5 x 1 minute (30 seconds @ 120%; 30 seconds rest)
Cool Down

I felt great during the whole workout, and really had to hold back to hit 85%.  I'm doing a 30 minute time trial later in the month, so looking forward to seeing what my threshold is at.  I'm thinking it might be up a bit right now, which would be great!!

Hit up 6.5 miles this morning with Wanner, great run, and running with someone has helped me to not go out and just hammer away!  We start out slower than I usually would, and I enjoy the runs more than I usually do (not that I don't enjoy running typically, but this is just a little nicer).  Some easy speed work is going to start up pretty soon here, we figured February we would start getting some small efforts in, with March 9th being the first "official" track session of our Ironman Coeur d' Alene build.  I'm excited for this race, as I don't feel any pressure to perform, and I really think that I'm going to be prepared for a great race!  I suppose I should figure out if I'm driving or flying though.

Tonight I will hopefully get in a TRX strength session and an easy hour or so on the rollers.  I'll put up some details about my season coming up in the next couple of days, but I will say that it's going to be exciting, and I'm thinking rather challenging with the race schedule too!

No comments: