Monday, January 10, 2011

Comfort Zones

I think in most things that we do in life we kind of settle into a "comfort zone" of sorts.  It's just something that is comfortable and maybe not easy, but normal.  Since it's a new year I have been thinking about training, and how I go about it.  I do think I put in some good time, and some quality training, but at the same time I think that I am usually within my "comfort zone".  Is that really going to help me improve?  I think there is a great deal of value in training with people who are better than you, in return pushing you out of your typical routine.  You can push yourself beyond what is "normal" but I do think with that others can help to elevate that even further.  Not only do I need to push out of my comfort zone but I also need to be smarter about my training.  The little things are going to pay off.

Swimming has been feeling better, well except for the IM in yesterday's set, that sucked!  Do they forget that I'm a triathlete and will never swim anything but freestyle EVER?  I guess that's one of those "comfort zone" things though, so I'm glad I went ahead and gave the IM a go...it hurt like crazy though!  I also hit up a core/strength class with a new coach, very informative and I have already put some of his ideas into practice during my run this morning.  I also finally put my training log together, so I'll be able to chart the training that I'm doing.  This morning was a nice easy 5.5 mile run.  I picked up the pace during the last mile to see what I could do and was alright with the results.  I felt as if I could have gone faster, but those darn hills...or I should say that one darn hill.

A little TRX tonight and some time to chill with the dogs, looking forward to it for sure!

No comments: