Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finding Motivation

As I was riding to Endure It this morning at 4:40 a.m. I was thinking.  What the heck is it that motivates me to get up at 4 a.m. most days of the week to workout?  I think it's a number of things of which I don't have time to get into right now.  I train with a large number of people throughout the week, all of which have different goals, some are general fitness goals which is great, others have certain times they want to get in races, again great.  But then there are some which you wonder about.  I know I'm freakin nuts, you don't have to remind me of it, but if you're not going to give your best effort at something why do it?  I suppose you could think "something is better than nothing" and I would have to agree, but why give just something when you have more than that?  Seems like a fair question to me.

Anyway off of my little rant.  The set today was solid:

5' @ AT
4' RI
3' @ 110%
2' RI
1' @ 120%
2' RI
3' @ 110%
4' RI
5' @ AT

Drills

The numbers weren't coming as easily today, so I had to dig a little deeper.  The nice thing is that lower numbers during my "RI" felt easier, I never sat below 200 watts and it felt easy.  Still have to get a little run in this afternoon before dinner.  Looking for another longer run tomorrow somewhere between 8-9 miles will do.  The key is to get my butt out of bed in the morning to do it.  I have found that if I dont' do it in the morning it usually doesn't get done.  So 4 a.m. again tomorrow it is!

No comments: