Monday, September 24, 2012

In Less Than Two Weeks...

...we get to go back to the Big Island of Hawaii for triathlon's largest race.  The Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii take place on October 13th.  I feel extremely fortunate to have such a huge support team traveling with me once again...to have 7 people in Hawaii to cheer you on is absolutely amazing!    No it's not that hard to convince someone to travel to Hawaii, but I still feel extremely fortunate to have the best "Team" out there!

I thought I'd post a pic or two every day (or every post) to remind myself just how awesome this trip is going to be...as if I needed anything to help remind me. 

Dig Me Beach during a morning swim during race week.

Cory and I enjoying an early morning run along Ali'i Drive...it was probably 5:15 a.m. and we'd been awake for far longer than that...jet lag is a pain.  Hopefully we'll have more runs like this in a couple of weeks, it was great being able to run with Cory once again, reminded me of the two of us training for a marathon together.

So I suppose it's time to start ramping it up again.  I'm pretty sure I'm recovered from IMWI as I had a solid long run on Saturday.  The unfortunate part is that my bike has already left for the big island. I don't know why but it stinks that I won't be able to ride it until I get there.  So in the meantime I suppose my sweet road bike will get some action, along with the Ridley on the Computrainer.

No comments: