Thursday, September 13, 2012

Taking Care of Recovery

So I'm not sure what the deal is, but I DON'T feel like I raced an Ironman on Sunday. It's only Thursday and I feel pretty darn good.  Now feeling good and being recovered are two different things.  I've yet to test myself...which is the smart thing to do. (not test myself that is)

Luckily for me I have my own personal Physical Therapist in Brittany!  She definitely helps to keep me healthy when I'm training, and gets me back to training faster than I ever have before.  Rocking my Zoot compression gear has helped a lot too.

So for a few more days it's going to be a lot of therapy from Brit, some more easy workouts (mainly swimming and biking) and then I'll get back into the swing of things.  Something that can't be substituted is sleep!  I've been sleeping a lot, probably about 8 hours a night, which is a lot for me, and I think that's helped a lot too!

I'm starting to take a look at some details from the race, and I can see some things I already need to change in training.  Looking forward to getting after it once again!

No comments: