Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ironman Wisconsin Special Thanks

Although racing Ironman is an "individual" sport, there is no way I would be able to race without the absolute BEST team out there!  I'm humbled by the support of my family, friends, and sponsors who were both at the race and at home hitting that refresh button on their computers for over 9 hours.  So in no particular order here we go...

Brittany - You're always there for me and I can't tell you enough that it does mean the world.  You do have to sacrifice a ton when I get these crazy ideas for training days, and you always go with the flow and support me through it.  I wouldn't continue to be healthy without you and you really do mean the world to me.

Mom - You've been there since the first Ironman...and now you're 7 deep, but I don't think you're any less nervous when I'm in the water.  Hopefully I'm helping by getting out of the water faster.  Thank you for always being there and for supporting me through all of this.

Katie - Another flight to watch me race...which resulted in what will be yet another trip to Hawaii.  A friend told me we should just buy a place there at this rate...I'll put you in charge of that.  Thanks again for coming to watch me race, it's awesome having you there!!

Aunt Lou - Someone has to keep my Mom calm, though I'm not sure how successful anyone can be with that. Thank you for making the trip up to watch me race, your words of encouragement on the course were great, even though I may not have acknowledged them, I do remember hearing them!

Aunt Nancy - You've now watched your first Ironman.  Hopefully you enjoyed it.  It's always nice to see a familiar face, and I'm not quite sure what I would have done without the last minute Saturday night hair cut...my hair was getting quite out of control.

Mr. and Mrs. Swantek - Thank you for coming up to watch me race!  I know the day wasn't easy for spectators (which is why I prefer to race, haha).  It means so much to have you out there, and I truly appreciate all of the support which you've given me! I know this is a crazy hobby, so I'm glad you were able to witness the result of all of those bike rides and runs while on vacation.

Joseph & Lisa - I hear that the Brittany and Joseph "Garmin App" is going to be going public soon specializing in Ironman spectating on a difficult bike course.  Thank you so much for cheering me on up in Madison.  I know you had to get up far earlier than anyone ever should, and hopefully it was worth it.  It was awesome to have you out there cheering me on...believe me it's a huge uplift when you see someone you know out on the course.

Becky - Thanks for coming out to watch me race.  It was great to have you out there, the more people I get to see, the faster I feel I have to go...so thank you for that!  And you definitely made it known that you were staking claim on that light pole prior to the swim start.

To my sponsors, Zoot, Garmin, Zipp, SRAM, Spy Optics, GU, PR Bar, Kyle Zake THANK YOU.  You all put your trust and belief into me, and I would not be able to do what I do without you!

No comments: