Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lucky

I don't know why but the word "lucky" just popped into my head.  I didn't just see a quail (Lucky was the name of our pet quail which was a science experiment back in grammar school), I didn't win the lotto (you would have to play to win), I haven't really won anything, but for some reason I feel lucky.

Maybe it's because I'm extremely fortunate to have such amazing people in my life. My family is incredible, I have an awesome girlfriend, my friends are as good as they come, and my dogs are awesome!

On the training front this weekend was not all that great.  I ended up catching a cold from school (so maybe that's not so lucky) so I ended up taking most of the weekend off.  I ended up with an easy ride and run yesterday so that's a bonus. I still have some time to ramp things up for Kona, so I suppose I should get on that.  I'm definitely missing my summer days where I could head out for a long ride whenever I wanted to.  I guess you have to work sometimes.

If you haven't been over to check out he L3 Endurance website yet you really should.  We just launched the new "Team L3" and are looking for members, if you're interested shoot us an email at lapinskiendurance @ gmail . com

1 comment:

Cheap Jane said...

We are always beating ourselves and catching only the negative things that happened to us but never or rarely think about the people around us that makes us happy, the ones who are always there for you no matter what the current situation is.

Reading this post Rick, makes me stop to smell the roses and remind myself how supportive my family and friends are.