Thursday, September 27, 2012

Preparations...

I'm sure that the time between now and when we leave for Kona will fly by.  So I suppose it's not too early to start preparing.  Obviously the training part is pretty much done by now.  Just a few more confidence building sessions and then we're good to go on that front.  Saturday should be a big and fun test.  Hopefully it won't put me into the hurt locker too bad.

It's going to be a busy weekend, and what I've found is the busier I am the faster the time goes...which is nice because I can't wait to leave!

Instead of just Kona photo's today I thought I'd put up some pictures from other Ironman races...just to remind myself of where I've  been and of the work that I've done.

Ironman Couer d' Alene (either 2008 or 2011, thinking 2011)  This is where the Ironman dream started...and hasn't stopped since.


Ironman Couer d' Alene 2011...when a bad day is still sub 10 hours there shouldn't be too much to complain about.

Ironman Arizona 2010...this is where the Kona dream became a reality!
 
Ironman 70.3 Kansas 2011.  Solid race, proud to be rocking the Zoot Ultra Team kit!

Ironman St. George 2012.  One of my favorite race photo's ever!  An incredibly hard course on a normal day, this day would be EPIC to say the least...and a Kona bid was once again realized.

No comments: