Sunday, March 14, 2010

And It Begins...

Well, tomorrow that is, and what's beginning is the start of something big. The "Official" start to the training program for Ironman Arizona starts tomorrow. Well what the heck have I been doing then you ask? I've been enjoying my workouts and building the biggest base that I have ever had to take into Ironman training. It's nice to know that my swimming is far beyond where it was last year at this time, my biking is about the same, if not slightly ahead, and my running is a little ahead of schedule from last year. This thing about this year is that it's going to be a long racing season which spans from May until the end of November. I'm excited about this, and am really happy that I decided to race in Arizona. I am going to be able to put some awesome training blocks through this build and I will be more than ready to go come November! I have a solid set of races spaced out nicely this summer, and it will help me race into shape.

I backed the training off this week as I knew what would be ahead of me. I did swim over 12,000 yards, and rode quite a bit, but I really trailed off on running only running 11 miles. I'm alright with that. I need to be more structured in my running, and not just go out and run.

Yesterday I rode for 2 hours at the Lululemon store in Oak Brook. Definitely fun, and it's a nice change of scenery from looking at a television screen in my basement. They also got some new clothes in, head on in there and check it out, it's pretty sweet!

I just got back from a ride on my single speed...26 miles nice and easy. It was chilly out there and windy! I love riding that single speed and can't wait to head out onto it more frequently this summer. Also my project bike is just about ready to go into the shop to get finished up...actually I have to go and put another clear coat on it now.

Remember...Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone.

No comments: