Monday, March 29, 2010

I cracked tonight...

Tonight at masters swim the wheels completely came off! We had a tough set (at least I thought so) and towards the end of our 4500 yard workout I fell apart. Sorry Daryl I wanted to do my part leading the lane, it just wasn't happening tonight! It's wierd because I can push through bike workouts, suck it up for certain paces running...but swimming is a different story for me. Don't get me wrong the times I was doing when everything came apart tonight are far faster than I was a year ago so I know I'm getting better. I'm happy because everything that I swam tonight, including when my arms hurt like crazy, was at a 1:30 pace or faster. I don't know that I've hit the wall like this before which is a good thing...and a bad thing at the same time I guess. A good thing because I pushed myself to the limit, and next time I will just have to push a little harder. A bad thing because I need to crack while I'm riding and running at some point. I need to find the edge and then have to try to push past it. Tonight I pushed past the edge and things fell apart...fine, great, next time I'm going to take it farther.

The run training needs to start picking up, and it will tomorrow morning with a nice little jaunt around Waterfall Glen. Heck, maybe I'll make it a double day at Waterfall Glen tomorrow...once in the morning and once in the afternoon, who knows? My run pace has been solid lately, so running the "hills" at WFG should be interesting...these aren't huge hills by any means but it's what we have here in Chicago.

Time to get some steel cut oats started in the crock pot so that I can have them for breakfast tomorrow morning. This is a first time test so I'll have to see how it goes, I love them from Jamba Juice...hopefully I can mimic that at home! I have some big training planned for the next few days...need to make sure I'm fueled and ready to go.

1 comment:

dziubski said...

Rick, also try quinoa flakes. plenty of protein, and cook in about 3 minutes. I make em with coconut milk, and load with pecans, almonds, nut butters (not DZ Nuts) raisins, almond butter, banana and more coconut. When is the first race?