Thursday, March 4, 2010

Team Speed aka Winther

Yesterday was awesome! The sun was out, it was around 40 degrees, and did I mention that the sun was out? I led class at Endure It once again early yesterday morning, and the crew had a tough set to complete!

Warm Up

Main Set:
4 x 9 minutes as follows:
1' @ 80%
1' @ 90%
4' @ AT
1' @ 110%
2' @ 70%

Cool Down

I am proud because I actually used my brain and decided it would be better for me to ride at a tempo pace yesterday as opposed to doing the workout. I rode hard on Tuesday morning, so I just stayed in the 80%-85% range for the duration of the time yesterday as I tried to encourage everyone to hit their numbers. Everyone really did a great job...it was a tough workout!!

Since it was so nice out yesterday I decided to run home from school, get the dogs, and run back to pick up the car. I hammered the run, didn't mean to, but it was nice out, I had shorts on and Winther decided to race a freight train from Clarendon Hills to Hinsdale. So Roxy and I were along for the ride. He took us through about a mile and a half at a ridiculously fast pace, but the good thing is that I felt good throughout! I felt like I was running a tempo pace, and I had more left in the tank to go faster. I'm going to have to keep this up for sure, I think a combination of things are helping this...consistency, proper recovery (thanks Zensah), rolling on the Grid from TP Therapy, and nutrition! I've been solid with my nutrition.

Anyway if you want an awesome tempo run let me know, maybe I'll let you borrow my coach...Winther...who sets a wicked pace!

This morning we had a good class at Endure It! I rode hard once again, and on paper it looked a lot harder than what it felt. Here was the set:

Warm Up

Main Set:
4 x 10 minutes as follows:
1' @ 110%
45 sec RI
1' @ 110%
45 sec RI
1' @ 110%
45 sec RI
1' @ 110%
45 sec RI
1' @ 110%
2' RI

Cool Down

I was over 110% for the duration of the workout, maybe my body is ready to jump up in numbers again...who knows.

I am getting a free Vitamin D test today, thanks to Brian Keating! I'm thinking I'm alright with where my levels are, but I'll also get a free Vitamin D supplement from USANA, which Keating says is just awesome. I'll give it a try to see what the results are. I have a quick 5 miles to do after getting tested and before swimming tonight. Masters could be interesting!

No comments: