Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I know this is a tease but...

I am going to enjoy this awesome weather while we have it! The past 2 days I have been able to run outside in shorts and a t-shirt. I've been rockin my new Lululemon running gear and let me tell you it's awesome! Not only does it look awesome (and me wearing it has to help too...just kidding of course) but it is by far the most comfortable gear that I have worn to run in!

Yesterday I ended up with 7 miles on the day total, 2 in the morning with the dogs and a speed session after work. This was my first "speed" session of the year. I didn't want to leave the dogs for too long, and knew they wouldn't have wanted to do the session that I had planned so I took them along for my warm up and cool down. My main set was 4 x 800 (which I just did as a .5 mile course in the neighborhood) and I wanted to do all of them in 2:45. I hit the workout (2:38; 2:35; 2:45; 2:43) and needless to say it wasn't easy! The first two were slightly downhill and with the wind at my back...the last two were slightly uphill into the wind, so I'm happy that I hit my times. I will continue to build these speed workouts as the year progresses and let's hope I get faster! I spun my legs out later last night on the trainer and actually felt much better at the end of the hour than I did at the start!

This morning I rode at Endure It for the usual computrainer class. It was a good solid set:

Warm Up

6 x through the following
3 @ 110%
3 RI

Cool Down

I've been trying to figure out my ideal cadence lately, and I feel like I'm right inbetween gears, one I am spinning too fast, and the other I'm grinding a bit too much...I need to figure that out. I had planned on just running an easy 5 today, well with the weather the way it is that easy 5 didn't turn out all that easy and ended up more like a tempo 5. Oh well, you win some you lose some, such is life. Looking forward to grilling out tonight and hanging out with the pups outside.

No comments: