Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flushing it out

Part of my focus this year is on "recovery" from my workouts. I would love to be able to get a massage every couple of weeks, as I know that will help with recovery. I'm fortunate enough to have an awesome massage therapist! Nestor Battung is simply amazing. I started going to Nestor last year during the triathlon season and he was vital in keeping me fresh and always had my body ready to race. I met with Nestor last night and he flushed everything out for me. As I have pretty much led on to, Nestor is the man. He has a resume which is too long to list here, with some highlights being working with the United States National Soccer Teams, elite distance athletes who come to Chicago for races like the Chicago Marathon just to name a couple. In addition to his client list, he has an incredible educational background recently completing post graduate work earning his masters degree in clinical massage therapy. Here's a shout out to Nestor saying thanks!

It's another beautiful day today in Chicago, and we had practice this morning so I get to go home after school, which I'm pumped about. I'm going to hang out with the dogs and then hopefully get a quick trainer session in before heading to masters swimming tonight. I did enjoy the sun today and got a quick 4 mile run in. My legs felt great, but I kept it in check...the wind helped me do that! I'm looking forward to the fact that tomorrow is Friday, and I plan on doing some shopping at Lululemon tomorrow night. An awesome store in Oak Brook...make sure you check it out if you were thinking about getting some workout clothes for the summer...or spring break, or just because.

I read a quote recently and can't remember if I have posted it here or not. Sorry off of the top of my head I forget who the quote is from, but I like it none the less...

"He who suffers, remembers."
I have it printed out at my house and I get a constant reminder of why I'm doing the things I'm doing. Whatever works right?

No comments: