Monday, March 22, 2010

An Easy Weekend Update

At the end of last week I was feeling pretty fried, my energy was down and my workouts were just alright. I decided to take Thursday night off of swimming, and instead went and swam easy Friday morning which was a good decision. Getting a little extra sleep and then swimming easy was the right thing to do. Friday night I went to Lululemon and bought a few running shirts and a pair of running shorts. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again...it is the MOST comfortable running clothing that I have worn! Not only is it ridiculously comfortable, but it's also sweet looking.

Saturday I had to ride at Endure It at 10 because I had practice in the morning. The class wasn't very crowded...that doesn't mean it was any easier though. After the usual 15 minute progressive warm up which I hate we did the following:

8 x through the following:
5 minutes @ AT
2 minutes RI

It was a tough workout, but as always you will never regret a workout and I hit the numbers I was supposed to even when I wasn't feeling the best. After about 2 reps of the set my stomach felt pretty crappy, and I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish. I popped a Jet Blackberry GU and wanted to see if that would help. 2 more reps and I didn't feel any worse, so here I am half way through with the workout and I decided to pop one more GU. Sure enough that did the trick...I was able to finish up strong. I'm glad this happened because I learned something about myself and I learned something that could come in handy come race day. Thanks GU!!!

Yesterday I decided to head downtown to run the Shamrock Shuffle with Wanner. Besides the cold weather we had a great time. It was nice to run with 36,000 people knowing that the end was near.

We used a new toy at masters swimming yesterday. At least it is new to me...a tempo trainer. Definitely something different and fun.

No comments: