Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here We Go Again...

Yesterday was the official start of training for Ironman Arizona. And seeing as it was the first "official" day you would think that I would have started off with a huge day of training. Well, I didn't...I'm going to try to follow a routine which can go something like this:

Monday - Swim
Tuesaday - Bike & Run
Wednesday - Bike & Run
Thursday - Bike & Swim
Friday - Bike & Run
Saturday - Bike & Run
Sunday - Swim & Bike & Run

Of course I'm going to deviate from that, and throw in weights and other things too...but that's the general outline. Yesterday was a relatively easy day though, I went out for a quick 2 mile run with the dogs and my Vibram 5 Fingers shoes (let's hope these work) and then went to masters swim where we ended up getting 4300 yards in. I'm happy with where my base is starting this Ironman build, and feel that I have learned a lot from the previous 2...and I'm sure I'll learn even more from this one. I think my main goal for this build is going to be CONSISTENCY. In both prior Ironman training cycles I would go for periods of time without, swimming or running...I usually get on my bike without a problem. This time through though I'm going to be consistent, and also smart with how I do things. I'm going to try to listen to my body and keep the intensity of the workouts in check, there is no need to hammer away all of the time!

On tap today is a speed workout for my run and an easy spin on the trainer. I already took the dogs on a 2 mile run this morning, which I think they really appreciate. Day 2 here we go!

I'll have to post about my freakin sweet dinner that I have cooking up in the crock pot right now, I'll have to see how it is tonight.

No comments: