Monday, March 1, 2010

Lululemon Tri Clinic Recap & Training Update

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the Lululemon Oak Brook Store last night. On the window the awesome staff had written, "Will you be our new ambassador Rick?" I'm extremely excited to be working with Lululemon, and it was a really cool welcome!

We hosted a Triathlon 101 clinic last night and had a good time doing so. There were some great questions, and I think some people who are very excited about living a more active lifestyle.

On the training front February ended yesterday with my first day off in a long time. I was planning on getting some running in, but started working on things around the house, and before I knew it the hockey game was on. My body was feeling tired and worn down, so I decided to take the day off. I finished the month with over 52,000 yards swimming, over 21 hours biking, and I ran more than 120 miles. That's a solid base that I'm happy with right now. My swimming is coming along nicely, and most importantly I've been consistent with it! In terms of riding my numbers are there, although I don't feel like I'm where I should be. It's wierd because from a power stand point I'm beyond where I was last year, but I still am not satisfied. I'm thinking it's a good thing that I'm not satisfied though...hopefully that will help me to push more! My run is solid, I haven't done any speed work yet, but held a 5:40 pace for about a half of a mile on Saturday after a hard computrainer session. Holding that pace wasn't difficult either, I was just rolling, and didn't realize I was going that fast. I'm going to continue to base build for a couple of more weeks before hitting my first speed session of the year. It's not far off though, and I have to sit down to figure out some times to hit on the track.

March is the month of the bike challenge. This should give my cycling a good kick start, hopefully we'll be able to get outside some this month too!

No comments: