Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daily Preparation

One of my goals this year was to recover properly in order to hopefully increase the overall effectiveness of my workouts.  Obviously fueling after your last workout/fueling for your next workout are crucial.  I can tell if I've eaten enough, and whether what I ate was healthy or not.  I've really tried to make an effort and it takes some planning, but I think the results will be positive in the long run. 

So this morning I did commit and had a solid bike/run brick session.  An hour and twenty minutes on the trainer followed by a fast brick run.  I wanted to simulate running "hard" off of the bike and so came up with a pace I wanted to hit.  The run was only 3.1 miles, but I was happy with the pace that I had set.  I'm hoping to hold this pace or slightly faster come the "sprint" race season, which will be my first two tri's of the season.  It was awesome to have all of that done before 6:30 a.m.!

When I was done it was time to pack up my food for the day, and this can be quite the process.  So after chillin outside with the dogs while I was watering my garden, drinking my organic chocolate soy milk recovery drink and making sure Winther didn't go on a tour of the neighborhood it was time to pack food for the day.  For me it's quite a process...I don't just throw in a bag of chips, sandwich and an apple.  That wouldn't even make it to school, as I would have it gone on my drive there.  I thought I'd try to spice the blog up with more pictures so here we go...while cooking some scrambled eggs here is a little of the preparation:


Yes it does look chaotic, but I usually have a pretty darn good idea of what's going on, and it all fits into my camo cooler...


What can I say, I eat a lot!!

Still some training to do today, I want to improve my run, and therefore, have to put the work in to do so!!!!!

1 comment:

ryanhillard said...

Not sure what chocolate soy milk you're drinking but I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Silk Chocolate Soy Milk. As in, it could be a problem how much I love that stuff. And if it makes you feel any better, I had to start using a larger bag to carry all my food to work each day. Adds up quickly when you're eating at least 3 meals at work.