Monday, April 12, 2010

The Journey Continues...

Not all that much to report on the training front. I backed things down last week as more of a "recovery" type of week because of the huge volume I did the previous week. I was able to get some solid training in and I feel as if my body is adapting well to the stress that I have been placing on it. It's funny though because I usually feel better with the more training that I get in. Last week didn't seem as easy as I would have thought, and actually the bigger volume week seemed easier.

I do have a funny story though. So I went out for a ride Saturday afternoon, and I rode my tri bike. I ended up riding past this guy during the ride. No big deal, that happens right? Well this guy caught me as I was stopped at a light and decided to start mouthing off how "it must be easy today in the aero position" and basically trying to tell me that be could kick my butt. I just kind of shrugged everything off. Well then he threw down a challenge..."Do you want to race?" I couldn't back down from this! So he said where he wanted to race to and when he wanted to start...so a race he would have...and I would get to put this guy in his place. He said go and I just dropped the hammer trying to open a gap immediately. My plan was not to look back and to just bury myself to put this guy in his place. Well I was able to win, and by a pretty large margin as well. So to the dude with the Madone 6.0 with race wheels and the Mellow Johnny's long sleeve jersey...don't be a jerk, realize that you're not the strongest rider in the area (trust me I'm NOT either!!!) and why don't you just enjoy being out on your bike, it's not about racing all of the time, sometimes it's about enjoying the day. This little event definitely made me enjoy the day a bit more!

I ended up riding about 40 miles, and then followed that up Sunday morning with 45 more on my single speed. I love riding that single speed!

222 days until Ironman Arizona...the journey continues...and I need to pick up my focus!

No comments: