Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane...But Why Was I There?

So I'm not sure why this happened...but it did. Last night Coach Sue decided that Chad needed to lead his own lane and that I needed to get my butt kicked (well I'm not sure about the second part but she said Chad needed to lead a lane). So what does she do...she puts me into the fast lane with Brian and Angela. Let's be serious I have no right swimming with those two...and I have no right swimming with Chad either, so they were perfect in a lane together. Anyway to make a long story short I got SMOKED!! I was able to hold onto a draft for like 25 yards and then it was time to swim my butt off to not get lapped. My "swim my butt off" theory worked well until the last set of 400 where guess what happened...yep I got lapped. Sorry Brian and Angela I was slowing you down. All in all it was a good night though and it is feeling more comfortable to swim at a faster pace. The masters group has helped me to not only get in the water consistently, but also to swim for a solid distance, and to push me out of my comfort zone. I really need to find that for running, as I have it in computrainer classes for biking. So I guess it's time to join a track club.

If anyone knows of any please let me know! My running could use a bit of a jump start, as I'm just in a rut where I go out and run...usually I do run hard, but I need something a bit more structured. Training with people who are better than me totally helps as well.

I'm pretty sure after my performance in the fast lane last night I won't be asked back any time soon, which is alright with me for now. Some day though I will make it...I'm not sure when that day will be...but some day!

2 comments:

Angela and David said...

Fast Track/Dick Pond Racing has track workouts that are open to anyone that would like to attend: http://www.fasttrackracingteam.com/

Great job last night. It was brutal.

Matt Ancona said...

I have also been running with Fast Tracks recently, they are a great group and I highly recomend them.

In another week or two I'm going to start getting some rides in on the weekends in the Barrington area if you are interested in joining?