Friday, April 23, 2010

A Day Off and A New Question

I took yesterday off of training. I know I always tell people they need to take time off, so I figured it was time to take some of my own advice. I haven't taken a day off in a couple of weeks, and my mind and body was telling me that I needed some time. I was feeling fatigued and mentally didn't have the motivation to get moving. I know something is wrong when I don't have motivation to get rolling. We had 3 games this week, which is why I couldn't swim at masters last night, so instead I called it a night, went to dinner with my dad and took the pups to get some more food at the pet store. I'm ready to put in a solid training effort this afternoon with a little run, some time on the bike, followed by another little run. I think splitting it up that way will help the dogs too...they can run, take a break, and then run some more. Tomorrow might be a wet ride, the first of the season, but it's the end of April and I can't use the excuse of "It's only __________, race season is still a long ways away" My first race (triathlon that is) is less than a month away, so it's time to hit it hard! Things won't be easy until after I have signed my name on the dotted line for something bigger and better, probably November 22nd actually.

So I was thinking this morning...scary I know! I have heard people ask the question "Why am I doing this?" or "Why me?" or something along those lines. The fact of the matter is when you're in a race that is the WRONG time to be asking that question! So I'm trying to take a new stance...why NOT me? I know how strong I am, and I know what I'm capable of, so why not me? That's the new motto...WHY NOT ME??

No comments: