Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Potluck Post of Sorts

So this is going to be even more random than my typical posts. I found an old CD of music which I had made in college last night. So this morning as I was getting ready I decided to put it on and see what was on it. It was actually really funny, and as most of my "mix" CD's completely random. I found humor in one particular song. Music can do some pretty amazing things, and it helped to put a smile on my face for the remainder of the day...at least so far!

Yesterday was pizza Wed. at Whole Foods...and since I haven't had their pizza in a while I decided to get two. Yea I'm not sure why I bought two pizzas, it seemed like a good idea at the time. And when you get pulled chicken to put on the top it's freakin awesome! I only enjoyed half of the pizza last night and I had the other half for lunch today. Yea yea yea, I know I eat a lot. At least it was healthier than most other pizza's.

I keep losing channels on my tv at home. Not sure if Comcast is onto the fact that I was getting channels I shouldn't have been getting or if something else happened. I'm a bit suspicious but whatever. So now I'm down to the basic tv stations, and I'm having a hard time justifying the money I'm paying for "cable" tv and internet. Let me tell you the "cable" tv is nothing better than I could get from a traditional antenna. What good is it for me to watch the tv guide network if I don't get the great majority of those channels? I'm thinking about cancelling my cable and internet and just getting an i-phone instead. What do you think good idea or bad? I can't justify $100 a month for tv...especially now when I rarely watch tv. I would rather be working on something and listening to music than sitting down and watching tv, but that's just me. I wish they had a package which just had ESPN, ESPN 2, Food Network, Versus, Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, WGN, and maybe VH1...what can I say I like watching music videos during breakfast. I mean is that too much to ask? Unless I could get DVR too...then bring the channels on...I'm sure I would actually watch the shows eventually.

I told you this would be a random post. On the training side of things I have a little run and masters swim planned for today. We'll see how the run goes. I brought my racing flats, and had planned on heading to the track. I'm not sure what kind of a workout I want to do though. I want to do some "race pace" type of stuff...so maybe I'll head out on to the roads, warm up for a mile, then go 3 minutes at race pace 2 minutes "easy", and repeat for 2 miles before cooling down for a mile...who knows I guess it will just matter how I feel. Beautiful day to run!! Get out and do something. I'm rereading "How Lance Does It" which is an awesome book about how Lance Armstrong lives on a day to day basis. I need to get back into that positive mindset and it starts by surrounding yourself with positive people...so that's what I'm doing!

No comments: