Thursday, April 22, 2010

Keep pushing...

At computrainer yesterday I constantly had to remind myself to keep pushing. I was in my own little hurt locker for the duration of the class. My legs still felt a bit sore from the weekend, but I need to push through these things, that's how I'm going to gain fitness. Ron put up a workout which didn't look too bad...but as we all know looks can be deceiving. Here is the set:

15 minute Warm up

3sets of 5 repetitions of the following w/ 5' rest in between sets
- 1' @ 120%+ (400 watts)
- 1' RI

The first set hurt, but definitely doable. The second set felt much better than the first set. The third set is where the wheels fell off. I was good for #1, alright for #2, had to focus on #3, and tried to hold on for the last two. I went into this workout looking to push myself, and I would have to say that I accomplished that goal. The nice thing is that my legs felt good immediately after, and it wasn't for a few hours that they started to have a dull pain. Nothing brutal, just the type of pain where you know you did something. I shut it down for the rest of the day and just rocked my Zensah recovery sleeves and made sure I ate enough food, which wasn't a problem considering I went to a luncheon at Maggiano's.

I slept in today because I felt as if I needed it. I'll get a run and a ride in today though. I don't think I'll be able to make it to masters because we have a game tonight, so no big deal. I'll just ride when I get home later. Maybe there will be something good on tv...otherwise it might be
"The Hangover" once again while riding the trainer, which I'm cool with. Looking forward to the weekend.

If you're looking for a group ride on Saturday morning, I'm leading a group ride out of Endure It Willowbrook which will be about 25 miles of rolling hills. The ride is no drop, and should be a good time!

Train hard, stay focused!

No comments: