Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Phases...

Last week I was feeling really good in the water, I felt like I was getting faster and gains were being made. This week...not so much! Last night at masters we swam 4500 yards, which is a fair amount, but I didn't feel good...ever. I know I raced hard on Sunday, but could 6.2 miles really take that much out of me? Thinking about it I suppose I go through phases of feeling good doing one sport, while the other sports are more difficult. Last week was a week where I felt I had a break through swimming, biking, and running. Things don't seem to be coming as easy this week, so that just means I have to work that much harder. I keep reminding myself that I will never regret a workout, and that has stayed true to form. I need to continue to push myself because great things will happen if I just put the time and effort in. Hopefully the pay off comes on November 22nd when I have to write a large check.

No comments: