Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ironic

I won't explain why my mood today makes me think of the word ironic...but I find some things rather ironic. Anyway, my training break (also known as spring break to many) is over and school started up again yesterday. It was cool to train hard for a week, and I can just imagine what this summer is going to hold! Anyway I took Monday off of training, which is my first day off in a while. I didn't feel from a physical standpoint that I needed it, but I did need the break mentally. I started up again yesterday with an easy run and an easy spin on the trainer. I never felt good running, it was just one of those days I guess. As I rode longer on my trainer things felt better and better. By the end of 70 minutes I was ready to keep hammering away.

This morning was the usual 4 a.m. wake up call to get ready to hammer away on my bike at computrainer class. The workout was as follows:

15 minute warm up
4 x 2 min @ 110% (340 watts) & 2 min RI
4 minute break
4 x 2 min @ 110% (340 watts) & 2 min RI
4 minute break
2 x 2 min @ 110% (340 watts) & 2 min RI
Cool Down

I decided to go a little above 110% today and held on to finish the workout. My legs didn't feel great, but they felt better as the set moved forward, maybe that just means I have to ride longer...who knows.

Busy couple of days coming up.

No comments: