Friday, May 14, 2010

The Close Talker

Last night Endure It had a grand opening for the new store in Willowbrook.  It was a great event with an awesome turn out.  It sounds like the group ride on Saturday mornings from the store is going to grow, which is exciting as well.  In my conversations throughout the night one sticks out in particular.  What's the deal with the "close talkers"?  I think I ended up moving around half of the store because this woman kept moving closer.  I mean seriously...personal space!

I was able to get a little late night training in though, and ran home from Endure It, picked up the dogs, and then ran back for the car.  Some of the crew was still hanging out when I got back so we chilled for a bit before heading home.  I really didn't want to get the run in and wanted to just go home and sleep, but as is always the case you'll never regret a workout...and I was happy with my run.  I kept feeling better and better as the run went on, unfortunately the dogs weren't.  But they hung in there and hammered away 4 miles with me.  It's funny because as we were leaving Endure It they wanted to run some more.  I'm sure it wouldn't have lasted long, but th 4 that we ran back to the store was enough for them.  Another run and bike are on tap for today, and I might be racing on a Zipp wheelset next weekend in Galena, which would be sweet!

No comments: