Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Gift of Fitness

Wanner had the great idea to get a ride in before school this morning.  What an incredible morning it was!!!  Little to no wind, perfect temps, no traffic, awesome company, and I was on my bike.  We had a great ride, and were able to get in about an hour and a half of solid riding.  Wanner is getting much stronger on the bike, as he would say "It's the gift of fitness". 

I've been able to get some riding in every day this week which definitely makes me feel better about things, now if only that running would come back to me.  Since I had such a difficult time running the hills in Galena I'm going to punish myself today by running hills.  And no matter whether I like it or not I'm going to try to do this on a more regular basis.  I have a route planned and think it should be pretty taxing. 

I was thinking last night and I typically do better with a higher volume of training, so that means that I'm going to start to pick it up again.  It seems as if my body does react well to the higher volumes, and that trying to hold back doesn't work all that well with me.  I'm getting myself back into the game, not that I was ever really out of it.  I thrive off of the big volume stuff so that's what I'm going to try to do.  I can't wait for the summer to get here...only 3 more days of school!!!!

Oh yea, and on our way home from Galena we saw one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.  A travelling mariachi band...and here is some proof.


I'm thinking about checking them out at Las Palmas in Naperville on Ogden...who else is in?

No comments: