Saturday, May 15, 2010

Getting Hit by a Car SUCKS!!!!

So I'll start off by saying that I'm alright, my head hurts, but beyond that I think I'm alright.  Today I was coming home from a group ride with the Endure It Willowbrook crew when I was stopped at a red light waiting to cross the street.  Yep stopped for a minute or two at a red light and all of the sudden I hear a screach of tires and the next thing I know I am picking myself and my bike off of the pavement.  This d-bag turned right on red...right into me.  I don't know if the screach was from him stopping or starting.  All I know is that this royally sucks!

The woman behind this guy pulled into the parking lot as well and I got her information, and before I was done doing that there were police and a fire truck there.  I don't know who had called them, but they were there none the less.  The paramedics came and brought me into the ambulance to check me out and to ask if I wanted to go to the hospital.  I declined and was (and still am) ticked that I got hit.  I'm supposed to race in a week and this puts a damper on that.  Not necessarily because I'm hurt but because I don't have a bike that really works properly.  The fork on my bike is cracked, and there very well could be a crack in the frame but it could be buried somewhere within the carbon fiber.  I was able to make it home and then brought the bike to Endure It to have them take a look at it.  The thing is with the fork cracked I am not willing to risk riding it, descending down a hill in Galena next weekend at 40+ mph hitting a bump and going over the handle bars doesn't seem worth it.  Here's is the thing that really sucks, I don't think anyone has a tri bike that's my size right now.  Felt is out, Cervelo is out...so does that mean I'm out?  I'm going to race, it just may be on a road bike, which would royally suck, but at least I'd get to race.

I have to talk to the insurance company and police again first thing on Monday morning to try to get this sorted out as quickly as possible.  2010 has not been the best year so far, when things seemed like they were looking up this happens.  I guess I wouldn't be dealt this hand if I couldn't handle it though, and I just have to suck it up and deal.  I'm sure I'll be riding something next week in Galena, unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Felt B2.  Things have to get better, and maybe they are just waiting for a special day in November to deliver...November 21st to be exact.  Hey if you know anyone not using a tri bike next week size 54 let me know, I might want to borrow it!

No comments: