Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Embrace the Pain

Computrainer this morning at Endure It hurt!  Through the warm up I was wondering how the class was going to go because it seemed like I had to put in quite an effort to hit certain numbers.  So maybe doing max efforts for short bursts today helped me out because sustaining power was not in the cards today.  Ron ran a great class this morning and I definitely needed it!  Here it is:

15 minute warm up
2 times through the following:
5 x 1 minute
- 30 seconds max (~480 watts)
- 30 seconds RI
2 minute RI
5 x 40 seconds
- 20 seconds max (~500 watts)
- 20 seconds RI
2 minute RI
5 x 20 seconds
- 10 seconds max (~500+...I don't really remember...it hurt and there were times I was in the 700's)
- 10 seconds RI
5 minute easy spin

Cool Down

All in all I ended up getting 90 minutes of riding in, which I'm happy with!

Last night I also finished my "project" bike which I did my own paint job on.  I have a better idea of how to paint a bike now and think I could do a better job on the next one, all in due time.  Drew was awesome and showed me how to run the cables, wrap the bars, and do some general stuff on the bike.  I'll snap a few pictures tonight and get them up here.  I did take it on a ride to watch the Hawks play last night and the gearing is better than my other single speed.  I can't wait to get some more miles on this bike.  Single speeds are freakin awesome, it's like being a kid again, there is no thinking about shifting gears, if there is a hill you just pedal harder!  Time for a new project, which I already have, and just have to get started...it's going to be sweet if I do say so myself.

Time to get in a quick run, and I'm going to try to hold back and not hammer it seeing as I put in a huge effort this morning...I know how that can go though.

1 comment:

Guy said...

Rick, you are a stud! Trust in your fitness and you will crush in Galena. Good luck bro, keep it up!