Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not Really Sure Right Now

I haven't been training all that much, and so you would think that when I do train I should feel better...well think again.  Yesterday I was able to get a short swim in and I rode for an hour as well.  Swimming felt alright, it's just soooo boring to do by yourself, and I haven't been able to hit up masters because of my hectic schedule at school.  That will all come to a close in one week though.  Riding felt alright, nothing special.

This morning was Computrainer at Endure It and for some reason my legs felt like garbage.  The set was as follows:
15 minute warm up
 6 x the following
2 minutes @ 110%
1 minute @ 85%
2 minues @ 110%
2 minutes RI
Cool Down

I'm not sure why but this seemed like it completely drained me.  I was seriously considering bagging the whole workout after the second set.  I didn't bag it, and just dialed back the numbers slightly and things seemed to work out alright.  Obviously I'm glad that I finished the workout, and I felt a little better as time went on.  That seems to be a theme for me, it takes me a LONG time to warm up.  I feel like I've had some mental stumbling blocks lately and need to get that stuff out of my head!  Not sure how to fix it other than to get some solid training in.  That usually does it for me, so that's what's on the plan...playing with the dogs, training, eating, sleeping and repeat.

On a separate note Winther just about caught a squirrel this morning.  It was funny, but at the same time I don't want him becoming the squirrel hunter and running out in front of a car and getting hit.  So I yelled at him and I think he was pretty scared, considering he didn't move for a few minutes.  Hopefully things start to slow down so that I can have a more focused training approach.

No comments: