Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Confidence Building CT Class

Ron wasn't able to make it to teach class at Endure It this morning so he asked if I would do it, and I'm glad that he did.  Since a pretty large group of us are racing on Saturday I thought it would be good to do some race type work, but for those not racing I had come up with another set for them to do...so basically two workouts at the same time.  I think it worked well, and it gave people the opportunity to do what they wanted to do which is always a nice thing in my opinion.

The set that the people racing did was as follows:

15' warm up
3' easy spin
5' @ 90% (~280 watts)
2' @ 70 % (~230 watts)
5' @ 90% (~280 watts)
2' @ 70 % (~230 watts)
5' @ AT (~310 watts)
2' @ 70% (~230 watts)
5' @ 90% (~280 watts)
5' @ AT (~310 watts)
2' @ 70% (~230 watts)
5' @ 90%
Cool Down

The numbers came pretty easily today which was a nice thing!!  Right from the first set at 90% I was feeling awesome, so I pushed the numbers up past where I have tested.  I figure though we haven't tested in a while, so it was worth a try.  I ended up averaging 254 watts for 60 minutes, and that includes the warm up, easy spin and cool down.  I have to be happy with those numbers knowing I had a lot left in the tank.  I'm excited to race on Saturday, just need to make sure I get some rest prior to the race...things are super busy so sleep has taken a back seat.  Hopefully tonight will be a bit more relaxing.

I still need to get a run in, and I'm thinking about running a bit longer...maybe 7-10 or somewhere around there.

No comments: