Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not Sore Anymore!

After I raced that 10k a few weeks ago my legs were sore for about a week after the race.  I was kind of fearful that my legs would continue to be sore for the duration of this week because of the half marathon, but I'm happy to report that they are back!

I taught class at Endure It yesterday morning and had a great workout.  I wasn't sure what would happen going in, but right away I could feel that the power was there...always a great feeling!  The workout was as follows:

15 minute warm up
10 x 1 minute
-30 seconds 120%+ (~420 watts)
-30 seconds RI
5 minute easy spin
8 x 1:30
-45 seconds 110%+ (~400 watts)
-45 seconds RI
5 minute easy spin
5 x 1 minute
-30 seconds MAX (~450 watts)
- 30 seconds RI

I was definitely happy with my results, especially considering I looked back at numbers last year around this time, and I'm killing those numbers right now!!!  Let's hope that transfers to the race course in two weeks.

I also went and got a little swimming in last night.  Let me tell you what might be "easy" and relaxing for a former collegiate swimmer is not so "easy" for this guy.  It wasn't terrible, just not always easy which is alright.  We swam at a pool I had never been to before and I felt like I was in a hot tub...way too warm, and at a high school pool too...wierd!  I may be taking the day off today, but I'll have to wait and see about that one.  I will say I'm feeling pretty good right now, let's hope that continues for the next couple of weeks and through November!

No comments: